Herein I track the results of my attempts to brew tasty iced tea. Unless noted, each combination is used to brew 3 quarts and is sweetened with 3 packets of Equal in an 8 oz bottle (no ice). At least, that’s what the Mr. Coffee brewer and Voss water bottles are labeled… I only get 7-8 bottles, while simple math says that should be 12 worth.
- 2 Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice
- 1 Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice, 1 Bigelow English Teatime
Just as good, not as sweet.
- 2 Bigelow Perfect Peach
- 1 Bigelow Perfect Peach, 1 Bigelow English Teatime
Decent, but not very flavorful.
- 3 Bigelow Strawberry Kiwi
Weak on flavor, but with a sour note. Not good for cold tea.
- 2 Bigelow Cinnamon Stick
Good stuff! Cinnamon is a bit weak, maybe this would complement chai well.
- 2 Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice, 1 Bigelow Earl Grey
Very good, clean aftertaste.
- 1 Stash Double Spice Chai, 1 Bigelow English Teatime
Whoa, strong stuff. Had to dilute a bit, but it is quite tasty. Not quite as much aftertaste as with Tazo chai.
- 1 Stash Double Spice Chai, 1 Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice
Nice blend. Somehow, all the spicing highlights the apple. Very reminiscent of a spiced cider.
- 2 Bigelow Earl Grey
Tasty, but almost bland after acclimating to so many spices
- 2 Tazo Chai
Flavorful and spicy. Needs more cinnamon.