The Circles of Hell
This is who I expect to meet on my tour of the circles of Hell.
- Those who fail to push in their chair
- Those who park their bicycle laterally across the footpath
- Those who confuse their pleasure for rightousness
- Those who carry on a loud conversation across passers by, raising their voices to overcome the obstacle of others’ heads
- Those who consume flesh
- Those who needlessly take more room than others
- Those who disclaim the behavior of their pets or children
- Those who insist on being in front, yet are slow to move onward
- Those who willfully encroach
- Those who hold opinions but do not vote
- Those who seek fame with dangerous falsehoods[^quack]
- Those who consume flesh yet claim to be environmentalists
[^quack] E.g. Andrew Wakefield, Jim Humble, Kerri Rivera
- The profiteers of internet-scale ignorance and hate
- The manufacturers of public consent and direct maniuplators of government representatives, supporting the aggregation of power
- Those who threaten the vulnerable carelessly
- Those who preach that different is dangerous
- Those who advocate for war or destruction
- Those who use power for personal gain or (religious) spite
- Those who work to provide the preachers of the 7th circle platforms to spread their message.
- Those who mobilize revolution not against real tyranny, but against inclusive, just society under the flag of "freedom"
- Those who use the power of storytelling to please power to the detriment of society