When The Artificial grew up enough to start recruiting, we built a serious website with case studies and all that. Originally we used
theartificial.nl, and registered
theartificial.us with ambitions to also have a Seattle presence someday. Eventually we bought
theartificial.com and transitioned to that.
Shaannon designed it and did some prototyping, and I implemented it with Middleman. It grew with more than 1600 commits from 10 people of varying skills, largely designers writing blog posts.
The workflows for this were nice, with Markdown content and a build process using Travis CI and Amazon S3 + CloudFront. I was pretty proud of the cards system, that could expose a half-dozen types of content as previews for social sharing and aggregation on author pages. These were rendered at build but also exposed as templates that could be rendered client-side from Lunr search data.